Thursday 7 March 2013

Getting organised

It's a rainy, grey day here which is a bit of a shock after the previous spring days.  Felt like the right kind of weather to spend some time organising my threads.


These are some of the threads that have been decorating the arm of my sofa for the last few weeks.  They've now been wrapped onto bobbins, labelled and 'filed' in numerical order.

Much better way of storing my threads and it looks so pretty too.  I need to invest in a few more of these boxes as I find it's an easy way of storing all the small 'bits' when working on a project rather than trying to thread them back onto the card holder.
This is the one I'm using for the red flowers project.  I waste much less thread this way as I can tuck any small strands into the correct compartment.  How do you all store your threads?  I'd love to know how other people store their bits and pieces - I'm a bit of a storage fan and I've always got my eyes open for ideas!

I'm off on a long weekend break to York with some friends this weekend.  I will be taking my 'Home' stitching with me but I'm not sure how much I will get done.  I'm also going to have a look for a stitching shop there and see if I can add anything more to my ever expanding stock of stitching.

Until next time,

Claire

1 comment:

  1. I swear by Floss-a-way bags. A little ziploc bag with a hole in one corner so they all thread onto a big split ring in numerical order.
    You can fit four skeins in each bag plus all your scraps.
    I have the entire DMC range on 5 rings and they fit into a carrier bag smaller than a supermarket Bag for Life size!
    Have a great time in York, lovely city.

    ReplyDelete